Divorce And Family Lawyer San Luis Obispo
Dedicated To You And Your Family From Start To Finish
Whether you want to legally add a member to your family or you are going through a change in your marriage or domestic partnership, the guidance of a dedicated and compassionate lawyer can offer the peace of mind you need.
I am Robbi Rizzo, Attorney at Law. My divorce and family law practice is devoted to serving clients in San Luis Obispo County, California, by helping them achieve their objectives and resolve problems related to family law. Contact my law office online or call 805-762-4766 (toll free at 877-209-7353) to discuss your case.
Experienced Family Law And Divorce Representation
Using my background in business and my experience as a divorce lawyer in San Luis Obispo, I provide professional and cost-effective legal representation in the following areas:
- Divorce and family law: My caring and personalized representation is designed to guide your family through complicated divorce proceedings, the adoption process or emotionally difficult child custody and support disputes.
- Child custody and visitation: Having a general understanding of the terminology and laws related to custody and visitation can assist you in negotiating a parenting plan that facilitates your role as an equal parent and that is in the best interest of your children.
- Child and spousal support: Child support and spousal support negotiations are a critically important piece of a divorce or dissolution of a domestic partnership agreement. Child and spousal support lay the groundwork for future financial stability. I work with clients on original support orders and on modification of existing support orders.
- Property division: California is a community property state. This means that, absent on agreement otherwise, all marital assets and debts will be equally divided during a divorce. Drawing on my business background, I investigate the source of the spouses’ assets and debts to determine which assets truly belong to the marital estate and which are the separate property of my client or the other spouse.
- Adoptions: From agency adoptions to stepparent adoptions, I work diligently to guide your family through the process of making an addition to your family or formalizing a relationship that already exists.
- Alternative dispute resolution: I can assist you in resolving your differences amicably and cost-effectively by utilizing alternative dispute resolution (ADR). ADR is an alternative to the traditional legal process and can include mediation, arbitration, collaborative law or simply a cooperative approach to resolving your differences.